Ambili G K
Scientist & Head i/c, Neyyantinkara Sub Centre
|Office No||0471 - 2222319|
- M.Eng: 2005; Water Engineering and Management, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand. Thesis: Application of benchmarking in selected irrigation projects in Malaysia and Thailand
- B.Tech: 2002; Agricultural Engineering, Kerala Agricultural University, Kerala
- 2013- Present Scientist, CWRDM.
- 2000-2013 Scientist B, CWRDM.
- 2009-2010 Project Associate, IWMI, New Delhi
- Member, IAHR
- Member, IAHS
- Surface water hydrology
- Hydrologic modeling
- Irrigation management
Principal Investigator Budget Duration Ambili G K Rs. 16.60 lakhs 3 Year
CWRDM Plan Funded
Principal Investigator Date of Completion Duration Ambili G K 01-11-2014 3 Years
CWRDM Plan Funded
- Girish Gopinath, Ambily G K Jesiya N P and Leemoon K (2016) Hydro-hypsometric analysis of Tropical River Basins, Southwest Coast of India using Geospatial technology, Journal of Mountain Science, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 13 (5), pp 939-946, DOI: 10.1007/s116299-015-3589-4
- Girish Gopinath, Ajith G Nair, Ambily G K and Swetha T V (2016) Watershed Prioritization based on morphometric analysis coupled with Multi Criteria Decision Making, Arabian Journal of Geosciences, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 9:129, pp 1-17, DOI: 10.1007/s12517-015-2238-0
- Balooni, K., Kalro, A.H. and Ambili, G.K., 2010. Sustainability of tunnel wells in changing agrarian context: A case study from South India. Agricultural Water Management.Vol 97. pp. 659-665.
- Bharat Sharma, UpaliAmarasinghe, CaiXueliang, Devaraj de Condappa, Tushhar Shah, AditiMukherji, Luna Bharati, G.K. Ambili, AsadQureshi, Dhruba Pant, StefanosXenarios, R. Singh and Vladimir Smakhtin., 2010. The Indus and the Ganges: River basins under extreme pressure. Water International, Vol. 35 (5), 493–521.
- Bharat. R. Sharma and G. K. Ambili, 2009. Hydro-geology and water resources of Indus-Gangetic basin: Comparative analysis of issues and opportunities. Review article. Annals of arid zone.48 (3&4): pp. 1-31.
- Balooni, K., Kalro, A.H. and Ambili, G.K., 2008. Community initiatives in building and managing temporary check-dams across seasonal streams for water harvesting in South India.Agricultural Water Management.Vol 95, pp 1314-1332.
- Ambili G. K., K. MadhavaChandran, K. T. Zabeera and K. K. Anju (2014).Opportunities for Improving Performance: A Case Study in Vellanur Minor Irrigation Scheme, Kerala. Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Hydrology and Watershed Management (ICHWAM-2014), October 29-November 2, 2014.
- Ambili G. K., K. MadhavaChandran, K. T. Zabeera and K. K. Anju., 2014.Performance Evaluation for Water Management in a Minor Irrigation System. Proceedings of International Symposium on Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM-2014), February 19-21, 2014, Vol.2, pp 1023-1029.
- Ambili G K, 2010. A seasonal approach to Irrigation System Benchmarking. Paper presented during HYDRO-2010. National conference on Hydraulics, water Resources, coastal and Environmental Engineering, 16-18 December, 2010 at Maharishi Markandeshwar University,-Mullana, Ambala Haryana.
- Bharat R Sharma and G K Ambili, 2010.Impact of state regulation on groundwater exploitation in the hot-spot region of Punjab. Paper presented at the Conference, “Toward Sustainable Groundwater in Agriculture, June 15-17, 2010, at University of California, Sanfransisco.
- Bharat R Sharma and G.K Ambili. 2010. Impact of climate change on water resources and potential adaptations for agriculture in the Indus-Gangetic basin. Paper presented during ICID 60th IEC Meeting and 5th Asian Regional Conference, 6-11 December, 2009, New Delhi, India.
Performance evaluation of selected minor irrigation projects in Kerala. Project Report. Centre for Water Resources Development and Management, Kerala.
First Author Co Authors Publication Year Dr. Madhava Chandran K Ambili G K , Zabeera K.T., Anju, K.K., Safeena, Y., and Muhammed, K. 2014
Tackling water and food crisis in South Asia: insights from the Indo-Gangetic Basin. Synthesis report of the Basin Focal Project for the Indo-Gangetic Basin. Colombo, Sri Lanka: CGIAR Challenge Program on Water and Food (CPWF) 120p.
Books and Monographs
N B Narasimha Prasad, Harikumar P S, Joseph E J, Girish Gopinath, Surendran U, Resmi T R and Ambili G .K (2014) Integrated Water Resources Management, Proceedings of International Symposium on Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM 2014) Allied Publishes, New Delhi,Vol. II,pp 809-1370, ISBN:978-81-8424-907-1
N B Narasimha Prasad, Harikumar P S, Joseph E J, Girish Gopinath, Surendran U, Resmi T R and Ambili G .K (2014) Integrated Water Resources Management, Special Volume of Post proceedings of International Symposium on Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM 2014), Excel Publishers, New Delhi, p131, ISBN:978-93-83842-51-3
Narasimha Prasad N B, Harikumar P S, Joseph E J, Girish Gopinath, Surendran U, Resmi T R and Ambili G K (2014). Integrated Water Resources Management, Proceedings of International Symposium on Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM 2014) Allied Publishes, New Delhi, ISBN: 978-81-8424-906-4, Vol.1, P 808.