Dr. Madhavan K
Scientist, Water Quality Division
|Office No||0495- 2351872|
- Ph.D;2003; School of Ecology & Environmental Sciences, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry, India Thesis: “Studies on Water Quality of Selected Water Resources of Kerala, India.”
- M.Sc; 1991; Chemistry; Department of Chemistry, Annamalai University , Tamilnadu, India
- 2014- Present Scientist , CWRDM.
- 1989-2007 Technical Officer , CWRDM.
- 1984-1989 Technical Assistant, CWRDM
- Member, Monitoring Committee for the study on EFL , Government of Kerala
- Member, Indian Society of Water Resources
- Drinking Water Quality Management
- Environmental Quality Management
Principal Investigator Budget Dr. Madhavan K Rs. 14.90 lakhs
Establishment of Mobile testing Laboratory for the quality assurance of drinking water source in Kerala(Water Resources Department, Govt. of Kerala)
CWRDM Plan Funded
Principal Investigator Date of Completion Dr. Madhavan K 31-12-2012
CWRDM Plan Funded
- Madhavn K and Harikumar P S Assessment of Water Quality Characteristics of Soda Water, Pollution Research, 2010 Issue no 2
- Harikumar P S, Madhavan K, Shimjida P and Bindu K R, Study on Hydrochemistry and Quality of Vembanad Lake in the Southwest (Kerala) Coast of India, Eco-Chronicle, Vol 2(2), June 2007, 69-80
- Harikumar, P. S., and K. Madhavan. "Estimation of Water Pollution and Assimilative Capacity of River Pamba, Kerala." POLLUTION RESEARCH 25.4 (2006): 707.
- Harikumar, P. S., Madhavan, K., & Khan, A. B. (2000). Water quality problems of Kerala with special reference to fluoride. Ecology Environment and Conservation, 6, 245-249.
- S A Abbasi, Naseema Abbasi, R Soni, a V M Kunhi, K Madhavan (1999). Water Quality, Flora and Fauna of Kuttiadi River (near Kozhikode, Kerala)
- S A Abbasi, Naseema Abbasi, K K S Bhatia, K Madhavan and S Vinithan (1997). The Ecology of a Rare High Altitude Natural Lake of Kerala-Pookot. Ecol. Env & Cons.3(1): 1997:pp(1-13)
- A Shahul Hameed, K Madhavan K, T Velayudhan, K Vasu (1994). Release of contaminants from a sewage stabilization pond and its influence on Ground Water Quality- A Case Study. Poll. Res. 13(2): 125-132(1994)
- S A Abbasi, T Kunhahamed, K Madhavan, P C Nipaney and R Soni(1992). Environmental Management of Chromium, Copper and Zinc with Respect to Impact on Growth and Germination of Gram (Cicer Arietinium). Journal of the IPHE, India, Vol. 1992, No.1
- Madhavan Komath(2014).Drinking Water Quality Assurance through Water Card. Proceedings of the International Seminar on Integrated Water Resources Management 19 February, 2014 ,Calicut.
- Madhavan Komath(2014).Ecological Restoration of Mampuzha River. Proceedings of the 24th Swadeshi Science Congress held at Malayalam University 07-09, November, 2014 Tirur.
- Madhavan Komath., Litty Joseph and Harikumar P S., 2014. Drinking Water Quality Assurance through Water Card. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Integrated Water Resources Management, vol I, pp 460-468. ISBN: 978-81-8424-906-4.
- Priju C.P., Karthick P., Kumar A., Abdul Hameed E., Madhavan K. and Narasimha Prasad N.B.(2014) “Electrical Resistivity Sounding and Hydrochemical Investigation for Delineating Saline Water Intrusion in Shallow Aquifers of Ernakulam-Alappuzha Coast” Proceedings of the International Symposium on ‘Integrated Water Resources Management’, CWRDM, Kozhikode, Allied Publishers Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, v.1, pp 48-57.
- Priju C.P., Neerajamol T.P., Ramisha N., Madhavan K.and Narasimha Prasad N.B.(2014) “Groundwater Quality in shallow Coastal Aquifers of Central Kerala: Natural and Anthropogenic Factors” Proceedings of the International Symposium on ‘Environmental Management and Current practices in Mining & Allied Industries (EMPM 2014), IIT (Banaras Hindu University), Varanasi, pp.366-379
- Priju C.P., Ramisha N., Neerajamol T. P., Madhavan K. and Narasimha Prasad N. B. (2014) “Geomorphological Factors of Coastal Groundwater Salinity in Central Kerala: Integrated Hydrochemical-Geospatial Approach” Proceedings of the International Symposium on ‘Integrated Water Resources Management’, CWRDM, Kozhikode, Allied Publishers Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, v.2, pp 1253-1262.
- Priju C.P., S.G.Athira, T.P.Neerajamol, K.Madhavan and Narasimha Prasad, N.B. (2012). Groundwater quality with special reference to salinity intrusion in Cochin area, Kerala. Proceedings: Fifth International Groundwater Conference (IGWC-2012), Maulana Azad College, Aurangabad, IGWC Groundwater Research Series # 5 (111), v.3, pp.180-197.
- Litty Joseph, Madhavan Komath and P.S Harikumar(2009) Water quality assessment of groundwater sources of Kunnamangalam Grama Panchayat, Calicut, Kerala. Proceedings of 19th Swadeshi Science Congress held at Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur during 10-12 December,2009
- Harikumar P S, Nasir U P and Madhavan K, Environmental Assessment of Vembanad Lake in the Southwest Coast of India12th International Conference on Integrated Diffuse Pollution Management (IWA DIPCON 2008). Research Center for Environmental and Hazardous Substance Management (EHSM), Khon Kaen University, Thailand ; 25-29 August 2008.
Report on “Monitoring, Mapping and Mitigation of Fluoride in Palakkad including Attappady of Kerala” submitted to UNICEF
“Environmental monitoring of IISER construction site at Vithura”, submitted to IISER, Thiruvananthapuram.
“Soil Quality Monitoring of Cheruvannur - Nallalam area of Kozhikode” area submitted to KSCSTE, Govt. of Kerala.
Water Security Plan of 13 Grama Panchayats for Jalanidhi Project ( phase -III)in Kerala. Final Report Submitted to KRWSA-Jalanidhi, Govt: of Kerala.
Water Security Plan of 26 Grama Panchayats for Jalanidhi Project ( phase -II)in Kerala. Final Report Submitted to KRWSA-Jalanidhi, Govt: of Kerala.
Books and Monographs
First Author Publisher Publication Year Dr. Madhavan K Soochimughi Monthly Magazine 2010
First Author Publisher Publication Year Dr. Madhavan K Mathrubhoomi daily News paper 2007
First Author Publisher Publication Year Dr. Madhavan K Mathrubhoomi daily News paper 2006
First Author Publisher Publication Year Dr. Madhavan K Malayalamanorama daily News paper 2005